Tag Archives: RA 9262

In the case a child is taken away without the consent of the single mother, what legal actions can a single mother take?

The single mother can file a civil and/or criminal case under Republic Act No. 90262, or “The Anti-Violence Act against Women and Children”.  Or, the single mother can also choose to file kidnapping charges under the Revised Penal Code. In … Continue reading

Posted in Child Custody, Family Code, Question and Answers, RA 9262, Single Mother | Tagged , , , | 1 Comment

What can single mothers do to demand child support from the father?

To claim or demand support, the single mother must prove first that the child is related to the putative father. When a man refuses to recognize a child as his, there is no other recourse but to file a petition … Continue reading

Posted in Child Support, Family Code, Filiation, Question and Answers, Single Mother | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Legal Support of the Child and RA 9262

Articles 195 and 196 of the Family Code enumerate the persons who are under obligation to support each other, thus: (1) The spouses; (2) Legitimate ascendants and descendants; (3) Parents and their legitimate children and the legitimate and illegitimate children … Continue reading

Posted in Family Code, RA 9262, Support of the Child | Tagged , , | Leave a comment